Monday 28 April 2008

About me

Right about me....hmmm lol

well I'll start at the start i guess, my name is Chantelle and i have Cystic Fibrosis (CF for short).

Cystic Fibrosis is the UK's most common life-threatening inherited disease.
Cystic Fibrosis affects over 8,000 people in the UK.
Over two million people in the UK carry the faulty gene that causes Cystic Fibrosis - around 1 in 25 of the population.
If two carriers have a child, the baby has a 1 in 4 chance of having Cystic Fibrosis.
Cystic Fibrosis affects the internal organs, especially the lungs and digestive system, by clogging them with thick sticky mucus. This makes it hard to breathe and digest food.
Each week, five babies are born with Cystic Fibrosis.
Each week, three young lives are lost to Cystic Fibrosis.
Average life expectancy is around 31 years, although improvements in treatments mean a baby born today could expect to live for longer.

Well that's about the CF side to me now for the rest of me, I am engaged to my wonderful fiancee Matt who helps me so much with day to day things (i.e house work/cooking dinner/helping with all my med's) so as you tell i love him so much and think the world of him.

On the 26th July 2007 we added a new member to our happy family, we already had a cat who is one and is named Tobias...the cats a girl, we know its a boys name but my mum named her lol anyway we had a baby boy called Connor who was born 6 weeks early but is very well and he only had to stay in hospital for 2 weeks, he is 9 months old now and has 2 teeth :)

well i will post again soon but for now i will leave you with the start of my blogs.

No comments: